Runner at Large

My whole life, I have viewed runners with a sense of awe. Now I am one of those, and I am extremely proud to be considered a runner.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Oh Canada!

In search of winter, and with the promise of an early spring from Punxsutawny Phil (whose word is as good as gold), Ted and I will be embarking on a 9-day trek north of the border. While in Montreal, we hope to use our passports (since the expediting fee wasn't necessary as passports aren't required for land travel until January 2008), hope to see some snow (in excess of one inch and that lasts longer than a day), hope to use the winter boots we both received for Christmas, hope to feel rich with the exchange rate, and hope to utilize some French left-over from high school (although using French-French in Canada is probably as good as using the King's English in Australia).

Thus, my next update will be full of information. How snowshoeing works. How cross-country skiing works. What NOT to do when ice skating, and how fast a dog sled REALLY goes. I hope to have some good French meals, some even better French desert, and maybe I'll live on the edge and French braid my hair.

So my fellow Americans, fear not, for I know the directions saying "10-O" means "10-west" and the universal symbol for bathrooms is a silhouette of a girl with a dress. Have a great week, all, and maybe I'll bring some REAL snow back with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home