Runner at Large

My whole life, I have viewed runners with a sense of awe. Now I am one of those, and I am extremely proud to be considered a runner.

Monday, January 22, 2007

I have a new pair of work shoes



I have a new pair of work-outside shoes.

My old running shoes decided they were done. And as they should be. They were good, they worked hard, and they put up with a lot from me. Most recently, the abuse of trail running. They finally said they were done and requested their papers.

Unfortunately, due to their current state, they will bypass the typical retirement hierarchy, which goes from running shoe to everyday-wear-with-jeans shoe to working-outside shoe. They will just skip right over the wear-with-jeans level, and my red Adidas will retain that position for awhile longer.

My new running shoe is nothing else but...the same. I got the same shoe, same style, same everything. I loved them and they were great, so why change something that has worked? The contract of old versus new when I first got my new shoes home was amazing, and I just had to share.

However, I can't wait until this new pair gets a little more grunge to it--I hate feeling like all my white socks are dingier than they probably are...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home