Runner at Large

My whole life, I have viewed runners with a sense of awe. Now I am one of those, and I am extremely proud to be considered a runner.

Friday, April 07, 2006

1 Month To Go...
















Sometimes I think I may be truly massochistic (along with a horrible speller).

I have one month to go to the Broad Street Run, the second largest 10-miler in the US, named one of the fastest 10-mile courses in the country by Runner's World. I guess I'm ready...

I did a speed run today, but it wasn't a scheduleld speed run. It was really more of a compromise...a you-dont-have-to-run-the-full-distance-you-are-supposed-to-run-if-you-get-out-there-and-run-as-fast-as-you-can-for-a-shorter-distance. A last minute deal between that little angel on my right shoulder that pushes for the long runs that are scheduled and the little devil on my left shoulder pushing for anything but.

All in all, it was a good run and I'm glad I did it. It was a change, it was my tried-and-true loop I started out on, and I impressed myself with the speed. And I looked at a running chart when I got back, and I'm actually pretty much on track--as long as I do my 8-miler long run this weekend at some point, I should be gold.

On a side note, can I just take a minute and say how much I hate daylight savings time? The time change makes it so much darker in the morning, so I'm so much more tired in the evenings...and while it may not be the time change, I am going to point the finger in that direction because I have no other excuses. It was a beautiful evening last night--but I couldn't get myself out the door. At least I went this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home