Runner at Large

My whole life, I have viewed runners with a sense of awe. Now I am one of those, and I am extremely proud to be considered a runner.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Let There Be Light...

I think Ted and I are back on track for training after a brief hiatus. Running last week was pretty much negative. I got out on Wednesday and ran for almost a mile and a half before my shoes were soaked and I had to turn around and come back home. And I guess I was running with the wind, because the return trip home was MUCH colder and harder than going out.

Saturday afternoon Ted, Dave, and I ran four miles. I wasn't bad, since I had given the muscles the old wake-up call Wednesday, but Ted hadn't run in probably two weeks, and was miserable towards the end.

Last night we did three miles, Ted was fine, we did a little over 8:30s, which is amazing for me, and half way through, Ted made the startling revelation that it was still light outside...officially our first after-work run where there was still daylight. I guess there's hope for spring after all, right?

Our race schedule is starting to become solid. We have the Valley Forge 5-miler in April, Broad Street, and a local 5K in July so far to look forward to. And I'm sure we'll hit up the many local 5Ks next fall that marked Dave's entrance to the racing world this past fall. I've been looking towards the local 5K this July in a different way...I want to do good. I'm getting faster, I am gaining confidence, and I think I could possibly have a PR for this 5K, as long as training in the summer doesn't slack off. I'm also more and more serious about the Philly Marathon in November. I keep remembering how much fun I had during the half marathon, and wonder if the full is really twice as fun, or if the fun stops after 13.1 miles. But I have time to think about that one.

Get out there tonight and run everyone! It's light now!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home