Runner at Large

My whole life, I have viewed runners with a sense of awe. Now I am one of those, and I am extremely proud to be considered a runner.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Poor Running Etiquette #1--Splashing Runners

The past few days have been grey, dreary days in Southeastern PA. Monday was grey, dreary, and sticky. It has since gotten cooler, but remained grey and dreary.

To some extent, I enjoy running in this weather. I can breate pretty well, and if it isn't raining, at least the plants and trees are wet, and provide instant cool-downs should a cool-down be required.

This morning I pulled myself out of bed and went out for a run before work. It was a very fine mist of a drizzle...the kind that you really don't notice until you are wet and wonder how that happened. It had rained all night, so there were puddles, but nothing I haven't tackled before, and nothing vehicles and runners cannot co-exist with.

Until Mr. White Van drives by and decides the puddle on the side of the road has a red target mark in the middle.

I didn't see it coming. First minute I'm running along, my mind off on some obscure topic, and the next, my left leg is soaked from the hip down.

And all before the completion of the first mile.

I hope he's having a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home