Runner at Large

My whole life, I have viewed runners with a sense of awe. Now I am one of those, and I am extremely proud to be considered a runner.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Second Chance for a Philly Half

It didn't take me too terribly long to realize that when most cities have their marathon race, the accompanying half marathon is held in conjunction. And it didn't take me too terribly long to realize that Philadelphia was not in that category. Philly holds its marathon and 8K run in November, typically the Sunday before Thanksgiving. The half marathon (or the Philly Distance Run) is in September (this Sunday, to be exact).

The other day Greg, a fellow runner and co-worker, asked me what races I had coming up, and we got on the topic of the Distance Run and Rothman 8K...and he informed me Philadelphia is holding a half marathon the same day as the marathon this year!

Well Dang!

I immediately went to the website to verify this information and indeed it is true. The course map is not yet posted, but the registration information is up.

It will be a great interesting race now! (Not that it wasn't before, mind you, but it just seems to be much more of a "marathon" event with the half right there). I'll be interested to see what the future holds for the September-based Distance Run after 2006...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home