Runner at Large

My whole life, I have viewed runners with a sense of awe. Now I am one of those, and I am extremely proud to be considered a runner.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Good Luck!!!!

This is just a good-luck shout-out to all those running the Chicago Marathon on Sunday--especially to my buddy Turtle who I know has been working extremely hard for this, all while selling his house and moving (while most psychiatrists may recommend not to take on two such stressful tasks at once, Turtle has proven that it can be done!) and Tom who has been working hard, as well, while setting up a new website for runners to congregate and share advise and stories (check it out! Runnerslounge.com....very cool!) I can't wait to hear all about your stories, especially Turtle, who has been helping me through my marathon training by convincing me I'm not crazy when I start to wonder what the heck I'm thinking...

As for me, I will be running right along with you Sunday morning--although in a different geographical direction. Ted and I leave tomorrow night for Orlando, and Sunday we will be doing the Race for the Taste 10K at Epcot. I'm excited--there are finishers' medals! And at the end of the race, we will be able to taste test culinary delights at the Epcot International Food and Wine Festival--including Strawberry and Mango Fruit Salad with Cilantro from Chile, Spicy Beef Empanadas from Argentina, and a Kiwi and Custard Roll from New Zealand. Plus the registration fee includes a park ticket to Epcot or Animal Kingdom.

So I'm excited--not only for my little vacation, but to hear all about the Chicago Marathon and how everyone did! Best wishes to all participants--and in the spirit of all my favorite Adam Sandler movies--YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

You're awesome! Thanks for the pep talk. Have fun at Epcot. The race sounds great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home