Runner at Large

My whole life, I have viewed runners with a sense of awe. Now I am one of those, and I am extremely proud to be considered a runner.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

And with one week left...

This time next week, I'll either be:
1) Ecstatic, on cloud nine, clutching my finisher's medal in one hand and my soggy bib number in the other
2) In more pain that I may ever have experienced
3) In and out of consciousness from exhaustion
4) In and out of sobbing fits from the extreme pride
5) All of the above.

I'm hedging my bets on Option 5.

Today was 8 miles. Tuesday will be 4 miles, Wednesday will be 2 miles...then rest until the big day.

During the run this morning, Ted's knee started giving him problems again, so he's taking the week off and hoping for the best Sunday, but expecting the worst.

Ted's older sister Jillian and her boyfriend Kevin were over for dinner, and revealed their plans to be all over the course to cheer me (or me and Ted) on. Kevin is an Ironman (Hawaii Ironman) and has done Philly, and knows Philly's course, so he said he knows where he needs to be to get me through it. Shoreturtle will be around, and Dave will be hanging out, as well.

I'm expecting the emotions I'm feeling now to only escalate throughout the week. Right now I'm excited. Very, very excited. Two hours ago, I was scared. Very, very scared. Yesterday I was doubtful. Who knows what two hours will bring.

Mainly I'm anxious. I know kind of what to expect. But I just want to be there and started and running.

And I simply Can Not wait to write my next post, hopefully with a big I DID IT in the subject.

Here's to Sunday! Wish me luck...

4 Comments:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

I vote for #1, #4 and later in the day #3.

Best of luck! You're going to rock!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

24 hours removed from the Harrisburg Marathon, I'd vote for all of the above... Quite an experience, and you'll be thrilled to finish. :)

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

Good luck on Sunday. Don't you just love tapering?

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're really excited for you! Your emotions will swing dozens of times between now and race time. Savor the countdown and the anticipation.

Best of luck and enjoy yourself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home