Runner at Large

My whole life, I have viewed runners with a sense of awe. Now I am one of those, and I am extremely proud to be considered a runner.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Do calories count on your birthday?

Ted and I are scheduled to run a 5K at the end of the month. Last night during a run, Ted feebily announced that he thinks I will beat him at this race.

I have been following my half-marathon training schedule pretty well. This morning was speedwork--2X1600 up at a track, with an 800 job after each split, and a mile warm-up and mile cool down. I did about half of it, before deciding that it was 5:45, pitch black, and my birthday. So I compromised and sprinted home at a faster-than-normal rate.

Today is my birthday. Birthday cake this morning, sushi for lunch, and a nice dinner out this evening. At first, I considered being careful about what I ate...but when a co-worker presented me with a cake at 9:00 this morning, that went out the window. Not being a huge, huge chocolate fan, Valentine's Day doesn't really bother me as far as junk-food goes. Halloween candy is up there, as is Easter candy, but birthday cake is really one of the stronger weaknesses I have. Therefore, instead of using my "free calorie day" for any of those other calorie-laden holidays, my birthday is "free calorie day" of the year.

Of course, the jury is still out on when the year actually begins and ends...that's the trick..

Happy Sept. 20th everyone!

2 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Happy Birthday! Celebrate!

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Hope you had a great birthday and no calories don't count on your birthday!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home