Runner at Large

My whole life, I have viewed runners with a sense of awe. Now I am one of those, and I am extremely proud to be considered a runner.

Monday, August 04, 2008

Sweet Relief

Nothing quite breaks a running blah than a cool, beautiful morning in mid-summer.

This was just such a morning. My little suburban-town bank read 60. The sun was coming over the horizon, and the humidity was just a memory. The new iTunes were loaded onto my iPod, and Guns & Roses and John Rich were waiting for me on the other side of the headphones.

I ran three miles today. And I enjoyed it. The air was cool and comfortable, and I found myself yearning for those cool fall mornings, where shorts and a long-sleeved shirt hardly feel like enough. There was just enough dew on the ground, just enough of a breeze, and just enough sun to make the run feel almost effortless.

But it is only the beginning of August, and southeastern PA has a good six weeks before the mornings are regularly cool and dry. So enjoy it while it lasts, because our summer dues aren't quite paid yet.

But for now, I'll take all the freebies I can get.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home