Runner at Large

My whole life, I have viewed runners with a sense of awe. Now I am one of those, and I am extremely proud to be considered a runner.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Two of each--this way, please

Last evening, Ted and I decided around 9:00 to take a break from building our ark to do a quick 2-mile run around the neighborhood. The rain had stopped for the moment, the weather wasn't too sticky or humid, the thrill of the 10-inch "lake" in our backyard was beginning to wear off, and we hadn't really been out for about five days. It turned out to be one of the best runs, and Ted was thrilled...best quote of the night was when we first started out, I said I was surprised he suggested the run (it was his idea). He said he was feeling guilty and itchy to get back out..."You are turning me into a runner, dammit." He felt that he was truly ready to start adding on, so we'll start building the distance on tomorrow night.

On a side note, if you are religious, please keep my cat Curly in your prayers. (If you aren't religious, well, this one time wouldn't hurt, would it?) She was diagnosed with feline diabetes, and while that isn't a problem (we are working on regulating her, she isn't to insulin yet, I hope she doesn't have to go that route) but the big problem is her bathroom habits. She'll have an "accident" every few days, and it's kind of routine enough that every time I go in the house or into a room, I get nervous and start looking for the puddle. We aren't sure why she is doing that, and have tried everything, and I'm hoping she'll straighten herself out. So keep Curly in your thoughts, and Ted and I, as well. I can't be cleaning up her messes for years to come, and it's very stressful. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home