Runner at Large

My whole life, I have viewed runners with a sense of awe. Now I am one of those, and I am extremely proud to be considered a runner.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

A personal record and a medallion to boot



There is one downfall to introducing Ted's brother to the world of racing...my weekends from now until eternity will consist of 5K's. Dave is hooked. He loves it and I think lives only for the next race.

The three of us ran in a local 5K this past weekend for the National MPS Society. It was a flat course, and a light turn-out, but all three of us got PRs for the race. Times?

  • Dave: 23 minutes and something and first in his age group
  • Ted: 26 flat and second in his age group
  • Maggie: 28 and something...and first in my group!

And when I say first, I mean there were other people that I beat! I got a medallion and couldn't be any prouder. Friends of ours who were there got pictures, and I'm hoping I'll be able to share them shortly. Stay tuned.

As for Dave's time, who honestly shaves four minutes off a 5K race from week to week? Good for him. And afterwards, he shyly admitted to considering Broad Street with me next spring and if I thought he could do it.

Dave, if I can run Broad Street, ANYONE can run Broad Street. So who knows? Maybe there will be another face in that crowd come May!

1 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on your PR and 1st place AG finish. That's great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home