Runner at Large

My whole life, I have viewed runners with a sense of awe. Now I am one of those, and I am extremely proud to be considered a runner.

Friday, May 04, 2007

All Ready Already!

(Ted and I running Valley Forge Revolutionary Run on April 29th...I need to learn to run taller and stronger and not to look like death, especially in the first mile...)
And the clock ticketh on. We are now within 48 hours of Broad Street. I won't wash my hair again until Sunday after the race (much to Ted's dismay).

But I am going to have a fun new pair of shorts to wear! A few years ago, one of my Mom's old friends gave me a pair of Adidas running shorts, that are styled like they ran right out of the 1980s. They are maroon, with the old-school Adidas logo, with underwear brief and loose legs, which are very short. And believe it or not, I love them! I ran out in them the other night to test them out (they were a little small when I first got them, so I stashed them in the back of a closet and re-discovered them the other week). They fit me, and I feel like I'm running in nothing at all! (Or what I would imagine that feeling like). Pictures of me and Broad Street will show me in my circa-1980s running shorts. I feel like pulling out tube socks to wrap the look up.

My newest thought to ponder for this race? What do I do with my gel packs while I run? My circa-1980s running shorts have no pockets (nor do they have room for pockets), and I am not bringing a water belt or any other device equipped with storage units. I guess I will carry my gel packs in my sweaty little fists until it comes time to use them.

I am so excited. This time last year I was a bundle of nerves. This year I am excited. I want to beat my time from last year, and feel quite confident I will. I want to enjoy the run this year, and again, believe it will be so. The weather looks like it will be identical to last year, and I can't wait!

Good luck to everyone participating! Enjoy it...don't stare at Billy Penn the whole way down Broad Street, he doesn't get any bigger for the first four miles. And don't worry--the Porta-Potty lines really go faster than it seems.

Good luck, have fun, and we'll swap success stories come Monday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home