Runner at Large

My whole life, I have viewed runners with a sense of awe. Now I am one of those, and I am extremely proud to be considered a runner.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

10K in the Happiest Place on Earth

Ted and I are now in week two of marathon training, and it has been a quiet, uneventful week. Ted got new shoes, and so far, everything is right on track. This is his third pair of new shoes in five days. The first two new pairs didn't work--one pair he learned as soon as he stepped out the door. The second pair took him 3 miles to find out. I have to return those today--SHH. This third pair are Asics, and we have a run scheduled for tonight. So we'll see if these are winners or not.

We have also booked a trip to Orlando in October...and it just happened to fall over the weekend of the Walk Disney World 10K. It's the Race for the Taste, and the run goes through Epcot and the parks. At the end of the run, runners are treated to a food and wine festival by restaurants in Epcot, a finisher's medal, and a ticket to a day in Epcot or Animal Kingdom.

Of course we registered. Duh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home