Runner at Large

My whole life, I have viewed runners with a sense of awe. Now I am one of those, and I am extremely proud to be considered a runner.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Trick or Treat Trail Runs

Ted and I did run this weekend--despite the 90+ heat we are now enduring (I forget what I was saying last January...something about "when does summer start" or something...). We decided to leave around 7:00 for the equestrian trails by the Green Lane Reservoir. We have run these trails before, and I absolutely love them. They are quiet, serene, peaceful, cool, and yet exciting enough to keep my mind and imagination at bay.

However, these trails like to remind you the next day just who is in control. A 3.5 mile trail run sticks with us alot longer than a romp around the neighborhood. It is truly a full body workout...not only do we push ourselves forward, but we are also going side to side, dodging rocks and sticks. That's why I like to call it the Trick or Treat Trail Run...or should it be Treat or Trick. Last night, it was a treat. This morning feels more like a trick.

My next update should be interesting--Ted and I leave tomorrow for Montana. Robin and Jack are finally getting married, and we have to be there to ensure it really happens! Ted is excited about running in Billings...he has mentioned it on numerous occasions, and I am thrilled that he plans on incorporating that into our little mini-vacation. Maybe I'm starting to get through to him...

2 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger ShoreTurtle said...

Have fun on your trip! The redhead and I spent a Summer in Bozeman. We loved it. You're going at a good time. Apparently, Winter is from September to June.

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Hi Maggie Mae,

I've been reading your posts and find them interesting. I'm afraid the heat is on, here in the Midwest too.

SFO is a great town. We've vacationed there, and I've run there a bit too. My wife and I are going there next week for our anniversary. Your post makes me look forward to running around the areas you described.

My friend and I have started a blog on running, musings, life, etc. Stop by sometime.

http:/blog.runnerslounge.com


Keep up the good work!

Tom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home