Runner at Large

My whole life, I have viewed runners with a sense of awe. Now I am one of those, and I am extremely proud to be considered a runner.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Will Run for Expensive Jewelry

I'm slowly beginning to tick away my "dream" Marathons...Nashville was up on the list, and next April, I plan on participating in that, with my sights set on other "dream" marathons that may be on the horizon. One that may have just received the bump up to the top is San Francisco. Has anyone ran this race?

The main reason (not the correct reason, but a reason nonetheless) I chose this to be up on my list is the finisher's medal--a Tiffany necklace, handed out by men in Tuxedos...does it get any better, I always thought.

Apparently it does, because I just heard a little rumor that those men in tuxedos are really Firemen in Tuxedos. Firemen in Tuxedos with a Tiffany necklace for me. And I would get to pick which Fireman in a Tuxedo would hand me my Tiffany necklace.

I'm sold. I want to be there.

My next struggle is trying to convince Ted that he wants to be there, as well, but somehow the firemen, tuxedos, and Tiffany necklaces just don't hold the same power and longing for him as they do for me. I have another year or so to try to convince him otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home